Sunday 12 December 2010

S Dubba-ya...to the V (with Miss Faith E)

Yes yes people what's good? Today I bring you the tale of another Wednesday outing :-D

So it was ran-dom but my friend Sim (@Poetress1) asked me if I wanted to go to the SWV/Faith Evans concert like the day before and not being one pass up such opportunities, I was like "Hell yeah!". So the next day (hindered by that enemy of progress TFL) I made my way down to the O2.

First thing...we had seated tickets...front row centre on King's Row and for those of you who know Indig02, that's the VIP section. Totally not expecting to have such a good view but that was hooked up by the legend that is Chris Phillips (Choice FM). When we got in and sat down, there was a warm-up act on...can't remember their name for the life of me but they were your typical 4-piece girl group, good not amazing.

The crowd wasn't packed I have to say but the vibe was chilled - just the way I like it and of course, things really got poppin' when SWV took to the stage. Coko, Lelee and Taj may look a little older (still stunning) and have that healthy "age" weight but they SANG just as well as ever. Performing classics such as "You're The One", "Rain", "Right Here" and the TIMELESS love song "Weak", it had the crowd hyped (but in a good way). They made the night for 3 fans when they picked volunteers from the crowd to come on stage with them to lend a helping hand with the performance of "Weak". I'm kicking myself that I don't have a pic but there was one dude who literally jizzed when Coko picked him...he'll never have a birthday present like SWV serenading him with their pitch-perfect rendition of "Happy Birthday" again I'm sure of it!

After a short intermission, it was time for Faith to take to the stage. Admittedly, I was a little apprehensive because the Sisters With Voices KILLED it but there was no need. Faith killed it too. She can still blow equally as well as she always did. Her renditions of "Soon As I Get Home", "True Love", "All Night Long", "You Gets No Love" and "If I Had One Wish" reminded me that Miss Evans had TUNES! Myself and the rest of the crowd were almost disappointed when she left the stage without performing THE track "Love Like This" but fortunately, her DJ pulled it back and she returned and gave the people what they wanted.

Honestly, it was a good night...thoroughly enjoyed. It took me on a nice little trip down memory lane back to the 90's when R&B was R&B, high top hair was cool, you could get away with wearing leggings as trousers (*side eye*) and cartoons like Thundercats, Doug and Hey Arnold ruled the roost. SWV, Faith Evans, I salute you ♥

Below are a couple of pics and vids of the night. Typically, I forgot my camera so I only had the shambles Blackberry on which to document my highlights. Apologies in advance!

Love,

Ri
x









Make sure you check out my girl Sims review and her blog @ misspoetinprogress.blogspot.com

twitter.com/welcome2cloud5
twitter.com/Poetress1
twitter.com/miss_star_ri
twitter.com/miskerry

No comments:

Post a Comment